Welcome to all the new subscribers since the last list. We have now passed over 2,000 subscribers. Thank you! I hope you find the content useful.
PB Python Articles
Since it has been several months since the last update, here is a list of the most recent articles:
- Stylin with Pandas describes how to use the latest pandas styling API.
- Evangelizing Python for Business focuses on increasing adoption of python in your organization. I really enjoyed giving this presentation with @katiekodes .
- Build a Celebrity Look-Alike Detector with Azure’s Face Detect was really fun for me to learn about using Azure ML.
- Automated Report Generation with Papermill parts 1 and 2 were my first foray into guest posting. Working with Duarte O.Carmo was great. If you have any content that you think might be good for a guest post, you can respond to this email with your ideas.
Other Python Notes
Here are a few other updates in the python ecosystem.
- Pandas version 0.25 is out now . Do any of you have favorite features that you have started to use?
- If you ever need to use a regular expression, check out regex101.com for a really useful editor to help you test out and make sense of your own regular expressions.
- If you are not following @justmarkham on twitter, you should. He has been putting out a lot of great pandas content. I can almost guarantee you will learn something from his tips.
- Here’s a useful and easy to navigate python cheatsheet that covers more than just the standard library.
- If you have ever struggled to customize a matplotlib plot, you might want to check out Pylustrator . Watch the short video to see how easy it is to use the GUI to customize a matplotlib plot.
- I have written about plotly before but the new 4.0 release looks like it has a ton of changes that make it easier to use in standalone mode and has a more pythonic API.
- Bokeh is also making major releases and has a new discourse site that seems to be pretty active.
Getting Your Feedback
If you have comments or ideas for topics you would like to see, don’t hesitate to reply to this email. I can’t guarantee I will reply but I will read all the emails.