In my last article, I discussed building a financial model in pandas that could be used for multiple amortization scenarios. Unfortunately, I realized that I made a mistake in that approach so I had to rethink how to solve the problem. Thanks to the help of several individuals, I have a new solution that resolves the issues and produces the correct results.
In addition to posting the updated solution, I have taken this article as an opportunity to take a step back and examine what I should have done differently in approaching the original problem. While it is never fun to make a mistake in front of thousands of people, I’ll try to swallow my pride and learn from it.